The Role of a Brand Ambassador
Companies hire promo models to be brand ambassadors for their products or services. A company new to the concept will be surprised at what a profound effect the promo model will have on the prosperity of their business. The role of the promo model is to help facilitate that success.
1. Increase the perception of the attractiveness of the brand to the public. The brand may be just what everyone needs. However, if they are not attracted to it, they are likely to overlook it. A brand ambassador, through her own attractiveness, can help the potential customer see the charms of the product.
2. Present a targeted image of the product. A brand ambassador should be carefully chosen among all the promo models available at the promo staffing agency. The key is to get someone who will appeal to the intended customer base of the product. If the product is a kitchen utensil brand, it might need a different ambassador from an auto product.
3. Increase the public’s knowledge of the product. Sometimes the brand ambassador is given information on the product to share with consumers who show interest. They might be asked to hand out pamphlets. If they can answer questions, it is even better.
4. Help the potential customer feel comfortable with the brand. Buying a new brand is uncomfortable for many people. They are settled in their buying habits and do not think about changing. A personal discussion with a brand ambassador can set them at ease.
5. Be outgoing and friendly. A brand ambassador will not accomplish her tasks if she is shy about promoting her product. It is not enough to look beautiful. She must show energy and excitement for the brand. Her energy will rub off on consumers and encourage them to buy.
6. Direct further inquiries to the company. If a consumer has questions which are beyond the scope of the promotion, a brand ambassador can tell him where to get more information. The personal interest in his problem or
query will make the consumer feel appreciated by the company the ambassador represents.
7. Work at trade shows or other promotional events when required. A brand ambassador needs to be able to complete an assignment by staying for the event for which he was hired. Among the company, the promo staffing agency, and the brand ambassador, it will be decided how long the engagement will be.